Preview page Next Page

Guide to the Church of the Rosario part VIII.

The organ of the Church Rosario , Cento (FE)
The organ of the Church (1845)

The Sacristy.

A small room with a ribbed vault resting on a gvpsum frame serves as sacristy and dates back to the time the church was constructed.

It is furnished with a cabinet composed of two sections, the lower one dating back to the 17th century and the upper one to the 18th century; a crucifix donated by the confrere Francesco Diana in 1840 is positioned on the cabinet flanked by two small devotional paintings showing Saint Anne teaching the child Mary to read

Saint Anne teaching the child Mary to read Chuch of the Rosario , Cento (FE)
Saint Anne teaching the child Mary to read

and the Ecstasy of a Saint, probably attributable to Stefano Felice Ficatelli.

Ecstasy of a Saint Church of the Rosario , Cento (FE)
Ecstasy of a Saint

In addition, there is a beautifully carved and gilded wood processional cross that bears the image of the Annunciation donated in 1837 by the then prior of the Brotherhood Giuseppe Rusconi; a painting depicting the Capuchin friar Saint Leonard of Porto Maurizio by an anonymous 18th century artist: a portrait of Don Sigismondo Villani of 1646, attributed to Giacomo Pasqualini.

Finally, a Portrait of Guercino attributed to the Gennari atelier, probably a reproduction of a portrait that was lost.

Portrait of Guercino Church of the Rosario , Cento (FE)
Portrait of Guercino

Preview page Next Page



Copyright © 2009 - Confraternita del Guercino

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional 2009 - by Massimo Poli  CSS Valido!